Pathfinder: Tales of Tyrthes
Living in the Mountains of Dust, the reclusive Karn are only rumors and hearsay where they are even talked about at all.
Physical Description: Karn are a short and stocky race, and stand about a foot shorter than most humans, with slightly wider and more compact bodies. Both male and female Karn have thicker body hair than humans, and decorate that on their heads with intricate braids, charms, and bells.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Strength, –2 Charisma: Karn are hearty and strong, but unused to interacting with outsiders.
- Medium: Karn are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slow and Steady: Karn have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Darkvision: Karn can see in the dark up to 60 feet. (see darkvision).
- Dark Fighter: Karn receive a +1 dodge bonus to armor and +1 attack bonus when fighting in the dark.
- Survivor: Karn receive a +2 skill bonus on Survival checks and Survival is always a class skill.
- Hardy: Karn receive a +1 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws.
- Stability: Karn receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
- Stone Sense: Karn receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks when in caves or underground.
- Weapon Familiarity: Karn are proficient with heavy picks and warhammers.
- Languages: Karn begin play speaking Karnic. Karn with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages). Common is not a ‘free’ language for Karn.